So, as you guys know, I occasionally interrupt the stream of beautiful graphic design to impose my musical taste on you! Today is Trance Thursday! Which means Global DJ Broadcast with Markus Schulz at 9:00 PT / 12:00 ET / 17:00 UK (yeah I just gave you 24 hour time as an American!), and A state of Trance with Armin van Buuren at 11:00 PT / 14:00 ET / 19:00 UK.
Markus Schulz is one of my favorite producers, responsible for Coldharbour Recordings (remember Coldharbour Day 2012? PS, if you’re in NYC, though Markus won’t be there, there’s a great line up at District 36 for Coldharbour Night NY this Friday, Aug 03, for like 30 bucks.)
Armin van Buuren is responsible for all those live streaming broadcasts we get of concerts/shows on the other side of the world, A State of Trance.
How this works (to avoid confusion).
If you are starting from the home page, once you get to the Digitally Imported website:
1) You don’t need to sign in, don’t worry!
2) in the top menu, hover over “Listen Now!”
3) hover over 8th item down: TRANCE (or just click on this to begin with)
4) choose how you want to listen. I picked mp3 – 96k, which downloads a file that you open in iTunes. It is an iTunes radio station, which is a live broadcast.
5) listen listen listen (and you can go on twitter with hashtag #GDJB during Markus’s set and #ASOT during Armin’s if you want to interact with other Trance Family members while you listen.
If you miss these, Markus Schulz puts his full GDJB on mixcloud, but Armin only puts a 22 minute version of his on iTunes, so don’t miss that one. (you might be able to find some of it in soundcloud though)
Here is the Calendar for today.
As of last night, I am officially part of the genius team behind TranceFamily SF! (supports/promotes local DJs etc) One of the founders pulled me in yesterday as their new Design & Multimedia Producer! I get to start improving the website etc and turn my passion for trance and design to a more productive outlet! I’m really happy to be a part of the team. You can look it up on Facebook if you want to learn more.